|Dakar Rally 2014: Good and bad Sunday for the French Team Dessoude.|
In the Dessoude team, the five crews proceeded also to the warm-up. For Régis Delahaye and Jean-Paul Forthomme a puncture disrupted their progress. The addition is heavy in terms of time lost. The Franco-Belgian duo finished on the 74th position.
Frédéric Chavigny and Guy Leneveu choose the proper pace with a 37th time despite a fairly sick driver. A very nice start for the Proto Atacama new version. Yves Tartarin (64th) as well as Jean-Pierre Strugo (78th) enjoyed this first round. Great time too for Bernard Chaubet on the 72th rank!
The twisty and stony first stage was not a piece of cake. A good driving was required to avoid many traps. Unfortunately, Régis Delahaye and Jean-Paul Forthomme suffered from a wheel problem.
"We were okay when we crashed an inflation hose at the rear. The concern is that the hose was linked to the hub connection. We had to stop and have lost a good twenty minutes to fix the problem. We knew it would be a nightmare to stop on such a very twisty stage and that it would cost us many minutes. We must work on the tyres pressures and a few things but all is well. On Monday, the most difficult point will be to overtake many cars. But the Dakar has just began.”
This first day was all about fun for Fred Chavigny and Guy Leneveu although Fred was sick at the end of the stage. Despite this undeniable discomfort, driver and co-driver of the Proto Atacama took the 37th rank.
"We had fun today! We made an excellent half-stage but the second part was more tricky ... In fact, the very twisty track made me sick. Physically, I was a little less efficient on the second section. Nevertheless, we took a good time. The car was great. Everything is okay and for us, the Dakar has started!"
"The track was very narrow, twisty, with many rocks areas," said team manager André Dessoude. "It was not really the ideal place to have a puncture. Too bad for the Buggy, but we are only at the beginning of a long event. Tomorrow, the stage will be faster and it will be probably easier for Regis to overtake a few competitors. Concerning the Atacama, Fred has successfully managed this day and had a good time. Same for Yves (Tartarin) and Jipé (Strugo) who are positionned at the right rank."
Top 10 Results SS01 Rosario - San Luis
01) Sousa / Ramalho (PT/PT) I Great Wall Haval I 02:20:36 I 00:00:00
02) Terranova / Fiuza (ARG/PT) I X-raid Mini I 02:20:47 I 00:00:11
03) Al Attiyah / Cruz (QT/ES) I X-raid Mini I 02:21:23 I 00:00:47
04) Roma / Perin (ES/F) I X-raid Mini I 02:21:51 I 00:01:15
05) Sainz / Gottschalk (ES/D) I SMG Gache Buggy I 02:24:39 I 00:04:03
06) Peterhansel / Cottret (F/F) I X-raid Mini I 02:24:57 I 00:04:21
07) Holowczyc / Zhiltsov (PL/RUS) I X-raid Mini I 02:24:57 I 00:04:21
08) Lavieille / Garcin (F/F) I Great Wall Haval I 02:26:18 I 00:05:42
09) Poulter / Howie (RSA/RSA) I Toyota Hilux I 02:26:33 I 00:05:57
10) Van Loon / Rosegaar (NL/NL) I Ford HRX Proto I 02:26:38 I 00:06:02
2014/01/06 | 20:08 CET | ARTICLE: MR/HS/DESSOUDE