|Dakar Rally 2014: T2-winner Xavier Foj with second T2-place in beginning.|
After a year of waiting, work and preparation, the Toyota Land Cruiser 150 Fojmotorsport Coopertires team has today taken out in the first stage of the Dakar Rally. The tracks of the Cordoba region have witnessed this first contact with the race, in which the team Foj Xavi has positioned itself in second place in Category T2, only 2:45 minutes from Gibon and ahead Jun Mitsuhashi in their Auto Body Toyota Land Cruiser 200.
According to the protagonist himself: "The stage was very difficult, with a very hard and fast track. We have seen many cars pulled because no escapes in the curves. We have maintained a comfortable pace and the whole car arrives. We missed a Gibon around kilometer 30, although the difference was not much. We are very happy with the result, which is better than expected for this type of stages. We expect a fratricidal fight between the two cars Autobody team in the coming days."
Top 10 Results SS01 Rosario - San Luis
01) Sousa / Ramalho (PT/PT) I Great Wall Haval I 02:20:36 I 00:00:00
02) Terranova / Fiuza (ARG/PT) I X-raid Mini I 02:20:47 I 00:00:11
03) Al Attiyah / Cruz (QT/ES) I X-raid Mini I 02:21:23 I 00:00:47
04) Roma / Perin (ES/F) I X-raid Mini I 02:21:51 I 00:01:15
05) Sainz / Gottschalk (ES/D) I SMG Gache Buggy I 02:24:39 I 00:04:03
06) Peterhansel / Cottret (F/F) I X-raid Mini I 02:24:57 I 00:04:21
07) Holowczyc / Zhiltsov (PL/RUS) I X-raid Mini I 02:24:57 I 00:04:21
08) Lavieille / Garcin (F/F) I Great Wall Haval I 02:26:18 I 00:05:42
09) Poulter / Howie (RSA/RSA) I Toyota Hilux I 02:26:33 I 00:05:57
10) Van Loon / Rosegaar (NL/NL) I Ford HRX Proto I 02:26:38 I 00:06:02
2014/01/06 | 21:27 CET | ARTICLE: MR/HS/FOJ