|Dos Sertões: Now it’s for real - the Brasilian Sertões Marathonrally has begun.|
Last Thursday the first car has entered the prologue trail, set in the Goiânia Racetrack. The 19th edition of Sertões International Rally is officialy on! The waiting time has finished, Sertões is for real. There were just the first 2,100 meters, the first two minutes, but just as a small spring, these kilometers and minutes will turn into a white-water river, flowing into Cumbuco Beach, on the 19th.
This sweet-and-sour recipe was a just a bite, to show that there is taste for everything in Cross Country Rally, and Sertões has brought this news to our menu. Cars, Bikes, Quads, and Trucks had to try the two different terrains to make things beautiful.
The dust that insisted on staying on the track of the prologue was just a small sample of what's to come. Anyway, the lack of wind to dissipate the cloud of the rich red soil of Goiás eventually contributed to some of the results. It got in the way of some competitors who enjoyed and benefited of the light breezes that cleared some sections. Nothing unusual for a rally as Sertões, which has its magic and its biggest challenges just in it’s naure’s lavish surprises.
For everyone that stood along the course of the 19th Sertões International Rally prologue, the race has shown that it is going to yield plenty of different vehicle sounds. Especially among the cars, which after years of monotonous diesel engines, in 2011 bring an invasion of two different V8 engines, three different V6 engines, 4-cylinder gasoline turbo engines, and let’s not forget the turbo diesel engines. Among bikes and quads, everyone had the opportunity to delight with different shades of different engines and bass tones and powerful decibels of large truck engines.
Ok, there were are only 2,100 meters, but many people struggled to look beautiful and many people also made minor errors that influenced the overall rating, which is already defined for the 9th to the last participant. But this first stage is over, and soon at nightfall it will be time for the Super Prime, where the top eight in each category will decide who has the preferences at the start of the stage that goes from Goiania to Pirenópolis.
Overall Results after Prologue cars
01) Azevedo / Cavassin Protótipo BDRK - T1 02:08,71
02) Baumgart / Andreotti Prototype Mitsubishi Triton X10 - T1 02:09,93
03) Ximenes/ Eler Prototype Protom V6 Ethanol - T1 02:10,93
04) Varela/ Bampi Pro Ethanol Mitsubishi Triton SR V6 02:12,32
05) Kolberg/ Marinho de França Pro Ethanol Protom V6 02:12,98
06) Franciosi/ Capoani Prototype Sherpa V8 Mustang- T1 02:13,93
07) Bortolanza/ Bortolanza Prototype Mitsubishi L200 Evo - T1 02:14,78
08) Baumgart/ Cincea Prototype Mitsubishi Triton X10 - T1 02:15,08
Overall Results after Prologue bikes
01) David Casteau - Yamaha 450 Y2 2:00,86
02) Felipe Zanol Honda - 450 BMT 2:03,75
03) Paulo Gonçalves - Husqvarna TE 4492:05,17
04) Ike Klaumann - Husqvarna TE 449 2:05,62
05) Guto Klaumann - Husqvarna TE 4492:06,39
06) David Fretigné - Husqvarna TE 4492:07,21
07) Juan Pedro Garcia - KTM Rally Replica 02:07,21
08) Ramon Sacilotti - Kawasaki KLX 450 R2:07,93
Overall Results after Prologue quads
01) Marcelo Medeiros -Yamaha Raptor YFM 700 Quad Open 2:14,63
02) Tom Rosa-Yamaha Raptor YFM 700 Quad Open 2:16.01
03) Leonardo Franco -Honda TRX 700 Quad Open 2:16,87
04) Demontier Moura - Yamaha Raptor YFM 700 Quad Open2:17,80
05) André Suguita- KTM 525 XC Quad Open 2:18,19
06) Bruno Sperancini -Suzuki LTR 450 Quad 4502:22,17
07) Márcio Oliveira- KTM 525 XC Quad Open 2:26,91
08) Charles Silva -Yamaha Raptor YFM 700 Quad Open 2:28,21
Overall Results after Prologue light trucks
01) Edu Piano/Solon Mendes/Davi Fonseca - Ford F400002:35,82
02) Rafael Conde/ José Papacena Neto/Leandro Oliveira- F400002:41,68
Overall Results after Prologue heavy trucks
01) Andre Azevedo/Sidinei Broering/Ronaldo Pinto - MB Atego 02:43,43
02) Guido Salvini Netto/Flavio Bisi/Fernando Ventania - MB Atego 02:48,09
03) Amable Barrasa/Evandro Bautz/Raphael Bettoni -Ford Cargo 03:13,71
2011/08/12 | 23:08 CET | ARTICLE: MR/SY/SERTOES