|Estoril-Marrakech: Eric Vigouroux climb the third place in the standings.|
At the end of this long and tough race, Eric Vigouroux and Alex Winocq finish third overall, behind the BMW X3 CC of Novitskiy and Campos in the Estoril-Marrakech Rally. Goal attained in the Two Wheel Drive Trophy of the FIA World Cup, where Eric Vigouroux are on top of the ranking.
"Sunday, the last special of 70 km was not only a formality. Navigation was hard, plenty of small roads, and very narrow sandy oueds. It was stressing, because we could make a mistake, but fortunately we did not have problems. In the first section, easier and faster, we finished at a cool pace, in order to comfort our third place," explains Vigouroux at the finish in Marrakech.
"The final assessment is qui satisfying. We took the risks of starting another race immediately after our victory in the 24h Off-Road of Morocco, with a highly reduced team of two mechanics, and the comparative budget-performance of this race is just exceptional. We finished right behind two factory cars impossible to reach, the same that were fighting for the victory in the Dakar, and it was hard to make better result," estimated Vigouroux.
"To be on top of the Two Wheel Drive Trophy make us feel great because it was our main goal. It is a positive forecast at the moment we are working in a new program three year program with a new car. The result obtained here with our actual Trophy Truck, which has already five years, is heavy and not too aerodynamic, and shows that we have an important progression margin. If potential investors can support us with the necessary means, we could climb the last steps that separate us from factory teams."
"Regarding our short term projects, there is no doubt that we will entry the last leg of the Cross Country Rally World Cup, the Pharaohs Rally, in order to assure our top position in the Two Wheel Drive Trophy. And if our partners Chevrolet and Toyo Tires wish, we will also attend to the start of the next Southamerica-Dakar concludes Vigouroux.
Estoril-Marrakech Overall Cars Top 10 after Final Stage
01) Leonid Novitskiy/Andreas Schulz I X-Raid BMW X3CC I 21:06:10
02) Filipe Campos/Jaime Baptista I BMW X3CC I 22:12:47
03) Eric Vigouroux/Alex Winocq I Chevrolet Silverado I 22:11:00
04) Ricardo Leal dos Santos/Paulo Fiuza I BMW X5 I 22:24:39
05) Pierre Lachaume/Jean Brucy I Bowler Wildcat I 25:27:57
06) Bernardo Moniz da Maia/Joana Sotto-Mayor I BMW X3CC I 26:24:41
07) Gerard Benielli/Didier Haquette I MCM Buggy I 26:40:55
08) Amadeus Matzker/Lee Palmer I Land Rover Def I 26:48:08
09) José Pereira/Rui Fernandes I Mazda BT 50 I 28:58:57
10) Nino Matos/Filipe Sera I Isuzu D-Max I 29:28:18
2010/06/14 | 11:58 CET | ARTICLE: MR/HS/URTUBIA