|Hungarian Baja: Nani Roma - "This is my fourth consecutive win in Hungary".|
As it was expected, the Spaniard Nani Roma and the Pole Krzysztof Holowczyc finished in the first two places at the 10th "Hungarian Baja" with their two Mini All4 Racing. Although, after the Superspecial, the latter leaded the competition, in the end Roma managed to take over and keep the first position from his Mini teammate.
“I am very happy because that was my fourth consecutive win at the Hungarian Baja. Our car worked well. We had a tough competition with Krzysztof. I hope that this momentum will help me win the World Championship,” Roma said after the race.
According to the Polish racer, the mistake that he committed on Saturday cost a lot in the end but he is happy with his performance.“If it had not been for my mistake at that stage on Saturday, I could have won the race. The next Dakar is coming and I think that was a good race for preparation but we still have lot of work to do,” Holowczyc reported.
The two Mini racers were followed by Nunzio Coffaro and Miroslav Zapletal. “We knew that we cannot compete with the Minis. Their cars and their racers are fantastic but we are really happy with this result because beside them we finished in the third position," Nunzio Coffaro said after the rally.
The Hungarian Championship was also really interesting. Pal Lonyai and his co-driver Robert Nyeste concluded the game in the first position while their biggest rivals, the Imre Fodor, Attila Csato duo, finished in the second position. This means that they finished in the World Championship classification in the 5th and 6th position respectively.
“I feel really well because this was an important race for us. We showed to the best world-class racers that we can compete with them and that they cannot afford any mistakes against us," Lonyai said.
Imre Fodor was also happy because they strengthened their position with this result in the Hungarian classification. “I really hope that we can maintain this good run of form and I also hope that we can win the Hungarian Championship in the end," Fodor said.
Overall Top 10 Hungarian Baja
01) Roma / Périn (ES/F) I Mini All4 Racing I 04:01:49
02) Holowczyc / Schulz (PL/D) I Mini All4 Racing I 04:02:31
03) Coffaro / Meneses (VEN/VEN) I Toyota Hilux I 04:24:17
04) Zapletal / Marton (CZ/PL) I Hummer H3 Proto I 04:27:45
05) Lonyai / Nyeste (HU/HU) I BMW Proto I 04:40:59
06) Fodor / Csato (HU/HU) I Toyota Hilux I 04:42:15
07) Branco / Serodio (PT/PT) I Mitsubishi Pajero I 04:53:26
08) Baranenko / Elagin (RUS/RUS) I Toyota LC I 04:57:58
09) Moraes / Prates (BRA/BRA) I Mitsubishi Pajero I 04:58:53
10) Varga / Szegei (HU/HU) I Nissan Navara I 05:01:44
FIA World Cup Top 3
01) Jean-Louis Schlesser (F) I Schlesser Buggy I 126 pts
02) Nani Roma (ES) I Mini All4 Racing I 120 pts
03) Krzysztof Holowczyc (PL) I Mini All4 Racing I 116 pts
2013/08/27 | 21:37 CET | ARTICLE: MR/HS/MOLNAR