|OiLibya Rally of Morocco: Five X-raid BMW the Winner in stage 2 in Morocco.|
Whether it be sand, dunes, off piste, technical, fast rolling.... Whatever, nothing seems to stop Stéphane Peterhansel and Jean-Pol Cottret aboard their BMW X3CC in the second stage of the OiLibya Rally of Morocco. And even when the king 'Peter' takes the time to stop for his friend David Fretigne motorcyclist who fell, he then resumed his irresistible flight.
"The stage was magnificent" Peterhansel said. "Only David Fretigne's accident shook me a little today. I confess that after that, I took a few long minutes to get back into the race." Tuesday he signed his second consecutive stage victory ahead of teammate Guerlain Chicherit who had turbo problems yesterday.
Russian Leonid Novitsky, Polish Kristof Holowzcyc and Portuguese Leal Dos Santos completed the top five fully powered by the BMW X-Raid. "This car is really incredible in the sand and dunes" Holowczyc told. "During the first lap we got lost a bit and I missed a gear in the dunes,. Otherwise, it was really perfect." His new teammate Ricardo Leal dos Santos said: "The BMW X3 cannot be compared to anything that I have driven before!"
Behind this breathtaking result the "men in yellow Pascal Thomas and Alex Winocq" of Optimus MD Rallye Sport in their Buggy. "A great day for us, essentially thanks to Alex Winocq, my co-pilot he made me a hell of navigation today. First behind the untouchable BMW's , I think we could not ask for more."
French Peter Lachaume (Bowler) did well even if delayed by a stranded competitor in front of him known as the 'black beetle' he was closely followed by the MD-Buggy of Jean-Marie and Alain Davoy Guéhennec, just behind them the MD Springbok Pélichet/Decré, who stopped for a quarter of an hour a few miles from the finish to help Jean-Luc and Jean Brucy Blanchemain, stranded for the 4th time on Tuesday.
In the T2 category, the day was difficult for the Russian Ilya Khuznetsov (Mitsubishi Pajero), stranded three times plus a puncture. All gain for his competitors who benefit from his penalties.
In the Trucks, already the fastest in the first loop, the Portuguese Elisabete Jacinto and her MAN TGS made a strong impression on this double loop. A performance that enables her to catch up on the Hungarian Qualisport-Scania the battle between these two is well and truly launched! Behind as always Richard Gonzales (MAN) "Charlie's angels" and their Mercedes Truck and the Mercedes of the Russian Pavlov followed by the Renault Truck of Alain Coquelle.
Daily results of Stage 2
01) Peterhansel (F) / Jean-Paul Cottret (F) I X-raid BMW X3 CC I 03:02:00
02) Chicherit (F) / Michel Perin (F) I X-raid BMW X3 CC 03:08:46
03) Noviskiy (R) / Andreas Schulz (D) I X-raid BMW X3 CC I 03:16:57
04) Holowczyc (P) / Jean-Marc Fortin (F) I X-raid BMW X3 CC I 03:25:09
05) Leal dos Santos (PT) / Paulo Fiuza (PT) I X-raid BMW X3 CC I 03:32:32
06) Thomasse (F) / Alexandre Winocq (F) I Buggy MD I 03:57:22
07) Davoy (F) / Alain Guehennec (F) I B-Chevrolet I 04:02:29
08) Lachaume (F) / Denis Schurger (F) I Bowler I 04:10:03
09) Pelichet (F) / Decre (F) I Bowler Wildcat I 04:15:24
10) Sireyjol (F) / Beguin (F) I Bowler Wildcat I 04:25:17
Overall results after Day 2
01) Peterhansel (F) / Cottret (F) I X-raid BMW X3 CC I 06:15:03
02) Noviskiy (R) / Schulz (D) I X-raid BMW X3 CC I 06:48:25
03) Holowczyc (P) / Fortin (F) I X-raid BMW X3 CC I 06:57:29
04) Pelichet (F) / Decre (F) I Buggy I 08:07:08
05) Lachaume (F) / Schurger (F) I Bowler I 08:09:21
2010/10/20 | 14:19 CET | EDITOR: MR/HS/NPO