|OiLibya Rally of Tunisia: A last stage in standings for the Trophy Truck.|
Eric Vigouroux and Alex Winocq marked the third best time of the stage on Friday, despite of water temperature and oil problems. The Trophy Truck finishes the Rally of Tunisia in the 6th position. "This special in the small dunes was excellent for the Trophy Truck. We overtook many cars, but a sandstorm came behind. Then, we had to stop two times for three minutes, facing the wind, to cool the temperatures of oil and water. Finally, we finish this stage of 180 km in the third place, less than 5:45 minutes from the best time of the stage made by Leonid Novitskiy on his X-Raid BMW X3CC", said Vigouroux, close to the finish.
Regarding the conclusions of this rally, Vigouroux wants to stay positive: "Once more, we have shown that we are a competitive crew, and the potential of the car is there, as it was proved in the first days. Unfortunately, I feel that everything changed when we stopped to help at the accident of François Lethier and Jean-Marie Lurquin. From there, a black cat got in our way."
Concluding, Eric would like to thank all of his partners as well as the fans that have followed the adventure in the Rally of Tunisia 2010. Other important episodes of the Eric Vigouroux Racing will arrive in the next months.
Overall results Top 6 after SS06
01) Schlesser/Zhiltsov (F/RUS) I Schlesser Porsche I 15:41:19 I 00:00:00
02) Lavieille/Polato (F/F) I Dessoude Nissan Proto I 15:51:22 I 00:10:03
03) Novitskiy/Schulz (RUS/D) I X-Raid BMW X3CC I 16:01:29 I 00:20:10
04) Chabot/Pillot (F/F) I SMG Gache Buggy I 17:17:03 I 01:35:44
05) Thomasse/Larroque (F/F) I MD Rally Nissan I 18:10:49 I 02:29:30
06) Vigouroux/Winocq (F/F) I Chevrolet Protruck I 19:44:02 I 04:02:43
2010/05/07 | 19:02 CET | ARTICLE: MR/HS/URTUBIA