|Sardegna Rally: 5 stages and SRR-SSV Trophy in seventh edition of bike-rally|
After a tough winter with lots of ideas full of adrenaline, commitment and work, the Italian FIM World Cup bike-rally "Sardegna Rally Race" (SRR) 2014 has a special meaning. It is the seventh edition, and it will be the seventh wonder.
The structure of the rally from June 8th - 12th 2014 remains unchanged. Five days of competition made of five stages, two of which are clustered in the Marathon stage. Everything else changes, improves, refines.
The direction taken by the organizer "Moto Club Bike Village" has helped to discover a rally that is even more varied in terms of organization of the daily routine of the race. Many are the variations on the game point of rally.
Length of stages. The distances range from 250 to 400 kilometers. Some of them will develop on considerable distances, they will be "mythical" - others will be shorter, faster, "sparkling". Sa Itria makes way for another magical place discovered by the pathfinders. It is named San Leonardo di Siete Fuentes, a corner of the Middle Ages on the West Coast of the Italian island.
A thought to the previous editions of Sardegna Rally Race which were arduous for large motorcycles and for the small quads. It will be no longer that way. During the 2014 edition, the life of "the not so fast" will be "more peaceful". Not less easy, we’re talking about the FIM World Championship. But not more extreme as sometimes has happened.
The 2014 edition of the rally leads to another great idea of the organizers: the "SRR-SSV Trophy". It is an experimental event in the main event, reserved for participants with SSV, the Side by Side vehicles.
The decision to establish a prize for this category is due to the desire to open the door of the World Championship to a new category of vehicles, and especially to contribute to the development of the discipline, yet rather "immature" in terms of regulations and of organization.
That's the reason why riders competing with SSV will participate in the Sardegna Rally Race with a Quad license, in accordance with FIM regulations, and on a tailored path. They are not cars, as in some countries, and in SRR14 Riders and Co-Riders with SSV will have the opportunity to join the event even locally, e.g. thanks to Moto Club Bike Village.
The stages of the 2014 Sardegna Rally Race
01) June, the 8th. San Teodoro-Arbatax, 300 km. Opening stage of the Sardegna Rally Race 2014. Just to "familiarize".
02) June, the 9th. Arbatax Arbatax, 250 km. Round course. Logistics and assistance stay at Hotel Club Saraceno, that connoisseurs of SRR already know and have already appreciated thanks to its hospitality, service and ambience.
03) June, the 10th. Arbatax-San Leonardo, 400 km. The Coast to coast of the SSR 2014. A classic but completely new regarding the terrain and crossed locations, with an astonishing new site of the Marathon stage.
04) June, the 11th. San Leonardo San-Teodoro, 300 km. West to east heading back to San Teodoro. Competitors and assistants will stay for two days at the Paradise Resort Sardegna. The SSR has been there two years ago, by chance coinciding with the inauguration of the facility. With some inconvenience, even comical. But now the Paradise Resort has reached its maximum splendor that has inspired its name. A truly princely welcome.
05) June, the 12th. San-Teodoro San Teodoro, 250 km. The final stage, a round course again with all the benefits related to the logistics of competitors, Assistants, but also family and friends. Epilogue of the SSR 2014, prize awards ceremony and celebration of the seventh winner.
More informations about the rally you can find at the official website here [ BIKEVILLAGE.IT ].
2014/03/29 | 12:49 CET | ARTICLE: MR/HS/PIERO BATINI/AP PHOTO