|Sealine Rally Qatar: All four (!) X-raid vehicles made it to the top 10 in SS01.|
In the first special stage of Qatar’s Sealine Cross Country Rally, all the four Team X-raid vehicles made it to the top 10. The fastest pairing, Yazeed Al Rajhi (KSA) and Filipe Palmeiro (POR), took their Mini All4 Racing to third place.
Three positions behind them, Khalifa Al Mutaiwei (UAE) and his navigator Andreas Schulz (GER) in the team’s second MINI ALL4 Racing came sixth. While the Russians Ilya Kuznetsov and Roman Elagin finished ninth, with their BMW X3CC.
Also the private X-raid BMW X3CC catched the Top 10: Miroslav Zapletal and Mila Janacek finished 10th and also hold 10th overall with a delay of 43:21 minutes.
Despite having finished third in yesterday’s ‘Super Special’, Saudi Arabia´s Al Rajhi had to start into today’s 330.51-kilometre leg from eighth position as the seven drivers battling for FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup points were granted the positions at the front end of the field at the start.
At the first checkpoint, however, Al Rajhi had already worked his way up to third and although his Mini All4 Racing suffered two punctures, later on, he succeeded in defending this position until having crossed the finish line. In the overall standings, he holds second position behind Nasser Al Attiyah.
Al Mutaiwei from Dubai also was hampered by a puncture but afterwards, he worked his way back up to finish sixth, with his Mini All4 Racing.
The BMW X3CC of Kuznetsov, had started into the leg from 12th position. The Russian opted for starting the first special stage with a somewhat conservative approach but gained time from checkpoint to checkpoint, none them less, and in the end, he finished ninth.
Sealine Cross-Country Rally - Cars results after SS1
01) Nasser Al-Attiyah (QAT)/Lucas Cruz Senra (ESP) Toyota Hilux I 03:06:19
02) Yazeed Al-Rajhi (KSA)/Filipe Palmeiro (PRT) Mini All4 Racing I 03:17:26
03) Lucio Alvarez (ARG)/Bernardo Graue (ARG) Toyota Hilux I 03:18:19
04) Faisal Al-Attiyah (QAT)/Matthieu Baumel (FRA) Toyota HiLux I 03:23:11
05) Jean-Louis Schlesser (FRA)/Konstantin Zlitstov (RUS) Schlesser I 03:24:54
06) Al-Mutaiwei (UAE)/Andreas Schulz (DEU) Mini All4 Racing I 03:26:46
07) Vladimir Vasilyev (RUS)/Vitaliy Yevtyekhov (RUS) G-Force Proto I 03:36:30
08) Boris Gadasin (RUS)/Dan Shchemel (RUS) G-Force Proto I 03:41:52
09) Ilya Kusnetsov (RUS)/Roman Elagin (RUS) BMW X3 CC I 03:46:57
10) Miroslav Zapletal (CZE)/Miloslav Janacek (CZE) BMW X3 CC I 03:50:40
2012/04/18 | 19:10 CET | ARTICLE: MR/SY/HS/QUANDT