|Sealine Rally Qatar: Nasser Al-Attiyah wins Rally in Qatar with X-raid Mini.|
Just two weeks after the triumph in the "Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge", X-raid celebrates its next success. In Qatar’s Sealine Cross Country Rally, local hero Nasser Al-Attiyah and his French navigator Mattieu Baumel proved to be invincible, in their Mini All4 Racing – and won the event.
Vladimir Vasilyev and his navigator, Konstantin Zhiltsov, finished second place and secured with their Mini valuable points to their FIA World Cup tally.
Meanwhile, Martin Kaczmarski (PL) and his co-driver Filipe Palmeiro, contesting the event for Lotto X-raid Team, had to cope with a dose of bad luck just in the final stage. The young Pole hit a rock, resulting in a broken suspension. And for Krzysztof Holowczyc (PL) and Andreas Schulz (D), the rally also proved to be anything but a walk in the park. Following a radiator problem in stage three, their battle for the top positions was over.
"This was a successful rally for us," beamed Team Manager Sven Quandt. "We now hold the World Cup lead and in addition, we added a lot of points to our tally. And to be honest, we never had doubts that Nasser is able to win his home event. After all, he knows the region like the back of his hand. Nonetheless, it was a hard race with an extremely difficult navigation for everybody."
Final Overall results CARS Top 10 Sealine Qatar
01) Al Attiyah / Baumel (QT/F) | X-raid Mini All4 | 17:22:51 | 00:00:00
02) Vasilyev / Zhiltsov (RUS/RUS) | X-raid Mini All4 | 18:39:47 | 01:16:56
03) Dabrowski / Czachor (PL/PL) | Toyota Overdrive | 19:09:47 | 01:46:56
04) Malysz / Marton (PL/PL) | Toyota Overdrive | 19:33:51 | 02:11:00
05) Varela / Gugelmin (BRA/BRA) | Toyota Overdrive | 19:47:21 | 02:24:30
06) Zapletal / Marton (CZ/PL) | Hummer H3 Proto | 20:30:42 | 03:07:51
07) Cherednikov / Tsyro (KZH/UKR) | Toyota Overdrive | 21:20:20 | 03:57:29
08) Sazonov / Sakhimov (KZH/KZH) | Hummer H3 Proto | 27:01:27 | 09:38:36
09) Al Kitbi / Mirza (UAE/UAE) | Nissan Proto | 29:29:36 | 12:06:45
10) Khneisser / Kruis (UAE/UAE) | Nissan Proto | 29:46:29 | 12:23:38
FIA CC World Cup Top 10 after round 4 (unofficial)
01) Vladimir Vasilyev (RUS) | 135 pts
02) Marek Dabrowski (PL) | 70 pts
03) Adam Malysz (PL) | 66 pts
04) Yazeed Al-Rajhi (KSA) | 60 pts
04) Nasser Saleh Al-Attiyah (QT) | 60 pts
06) Miroslav Zapletal (CZ) | 48 pts
07) Reinaldo Varela (BRA) | 46 pts
08) Boris Gadasin (RUS) | 27 pts
09) Yayha Al-Helai (ARE) | 24 pts
10) Martin Kaczmarski (PL) | 22 pts
2014/05/03 | 16:29 CET | ARTICLE: MR/HS/QUANDT