|Sealine Rally Qatar: Qatars Adel Hussein Abdullah leads the quad section.|
Qatar’s Adel Hussein Abdullah was the quickest of the 11 quads on the impressive international entry list, with the UAE duo of Obaid al-Kitbe and Atif al-Zarouni in second and third positions.
Blustery conditions and reduced visibility were a factor for the rally caravan yesterday morning, but the weather had improved somewhat when the first of the bike riders took to the special stage.
To prevent riders hanging back on the super special stage in a bid to improve their starting position for the first of the loop stages through the desert, FIM officials imposed a ruling that the fastest 10 riders could choose their starting order - a system similar to the one now used in the FIA World Rally Championship. Cars ran in reverse order with the fastest on the stage taking pole position for the first of the desert stages today.
Sealine Cross-Country Rally - Quads results SS2
01) Lukasz Laskawiec (POL) Yamaha YFM 700 R I 04:21:21
02) Adel Hussain Abdullah (QAT) KTM 525 I 04:24:38
03) Obaid Al-Kitbe (UAE) Honda TRX 700 XX I 04:24:42
04) Rafal Sonik (POL) Honda TRX 700 I 04:31:41
Sealine Cross-Country Rally - Quads overall results after SS2
01) Rafal Sonik (POL) Honda TRX 700 I 09:35:18
02) Obaid Al-Kitbe (UAE) Honda TRX 700 XX I 09:45:51
03) Luis Henderson (URY) Yamaha Raptor 700 I 09:45:55
04) Dennis Nikitopoulos (QAT) Yamaha Raptor 700 I 10:04:35
05) Adel Hussain Abdullah (QAT) KTM 525 I 10:10:10
2012/04/19 | 20:25 CET | ARTICLE: MR/SY/HS/KTM