|Sealine Rally Qatar: Schlesser/Zhiltsov - Three races, three times podium.|
Three victories at three events of the FIA CC World Cup in the two wheel drive category: After "Italian Baja", where the crew finished in 3rd place of the overall classification, Jean-Louis Schlesser and Konstantin Zhiltsov hoisted themselves into the 2nd spot on the podium at the "Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge" and continued their charge at the "Sealine Rally" in Qatar, where they won the overall.
MR: Jean-Louis, what happened in Qatar?
Schlesser: "There were about ten serious rivals for the podium spots and 36 competitors. As the last race the level of competition was very high, we managed to beat the Mini´s, Nasser Al Attiyah´s buggy, Robby Gordon's buggy as well, the Toyota, the Mitsubishi etc...
This was an even harder challenge for us, having to raise our game to overcome the desert without problems and also to beat all of these excellent teams! We were well supported by BFGoodrich, not suffering a single puncture despite the extremely rocky land. We were able to win three specials out of four and did this whilst opening the track. It was a very physical race as the special stages covered over 400 kilometers in scorching conditions."
MR: What about the route?
Schlesser: "It was necessary to maintain maximum concentration because the 400 km were made up of several rectangles of 40 x 70 km in which changes of direction were numerous, no tracks and it would have been easy to lose the race."
MR: And physically?
Schlesser: "Finally I'm satisfied with my performance as my broken fibula that I suffered at the Italian Baja caused me very little pain and I managed to pace myself over these very difficult days of competition."
At the end of the Sealine Rally, the Team "Sonangol-Schlesser" is the leader in the FIA Cross Country World Cup 2013 overall and 2WD category.
Overall positions after SS4 – 275.50km Sealine Rally CARS
01) Schlesser (FRA)/ Zhiltstov (RUS) | Schlesser | 16:11:33
02) Holowczyc (POL)/ Schulz (DEU) | Mini All4 | 16:42:51
03) Coffaro (VEN)/ Meneses (VEN) | Toyota Hilux | 17:30:45
04) Rakhimbayev (KAZ)/ Demiyanenko (RUS) | Toyota Hilux | 17:47:15
05) Zapletal (CZE)/ Marton (POL) | Hummer H3 Evo | 18:09:22
Overall positions after SS4 – 275.50km Sealine Rally BIKES
01) Marc Coma (ESP) | KTM 450 Rally | 17:09:57
02) Paulo Gonçalves (PRT) | Speedbrain 450 | 17:10:01
03) Jakub Przygonski (POL) | KTM 450 Rally | 17:13:13
04) Francesco Lopez (CHL) | KTM 450 Rally | 17:17:42
05) Juan Carlos Salvatierra (BOL) | Honda CRE F 500 X | 18:47:02
06) Quinn Cody (USA) | Speedbrain 450 | 19:35:31
Overall positions after SS4 – 275.50km Sealine Rally QUADS
01) Rafal Sonik (POL) | Honda TRX 700 | 21:28:41
02) Obaid Al-Kitbe (ARE) | Honda TRX 700 | 203:31:56
03) Mohammed Abu Issa (QAT) | Yamaha Raptor 700 | 240:50:11
04) Pablo Copetti (ARG) | Yamaha Raptor 700 | 240:55:03
05) Mohammed Al-Shamsi (ARE) | Honda TRX 700 | 250:52:13
2013/05/02 | 20:49 CET | ARTICLE: MR/HS/SCHLESSER