|Sertoes 2010: Jean Azevedo surprises and wins 3rd stage between cars.|
Jean Azevedo’s charm the folklore of Friday the 13th in Sertões Rally was the heavy foot. The driver of team Petrobras / Lubrax, which runs alongside navigator Emerson Cavassin, won the special day between Unaí (MG) and Alto Paraíso (GO), driving the 220 km special in 02:35:49. The driver had problems the previous day, forcing him to start well behind his competitors for the third stage of the largest off-road adventure in Brazil. He was surprised with the result.
"Since I was starting at back, I never imagined winning the special today. We took a lot of dust and we had to negotiate some overtaking on the radio. We lost some time with it, and frankly did not expect to finish first. After the problem we face yesterday when we lost 1:30 min to the leader, we had a good day. From now on is ‘do our best’, and also count on luck," he said.
Another driver who had also problems with his car in the first two days was Guiga Spinelli, with his Mitsubishi L200 Triton SR. Today, the difficulties were overcome and he and the navigator Yousseff Haddad made the second fastest time among the cars. "The day was great, with a cleaner special. Everything went well, with a fast pace that, at the same, time allowed us to save the equipment. Only in the last 50 km we got lots of traffic and dust, and this hindered driving and also navigation. Without the visual reference, the navigator cannot be precise. We are finding our way, and doing the second best time is very good for a car completely new car," he said.
Marlon Koerich was third fastest of the day with the Sherpa, with the navigator Deco Muniz. "The special today was pretty cool, and we did not commit any mistake, everything went right. The first third of the special was quite slow, with much trial and after that it was very quick and pleasant, much like the speed rally," celebrated the driver, who assumed the leadership in overall, after a punishment imposed on Paulo Nobre.
Palmeirinha, who led the competition until today, exceeded the speed limit on three areas of radar - two yesterday and one today - and was punished on 20 minutes for each infraction. With this, the driver of the X-raid BMW X3CC dropped to 15th place.
Trucks - The third day of Sertões Rally once again saw the lead of a Cassol between the trucks. But unlike the previous day, victory went to Marcos, initially ahead of his brother Vanderlei, in what would be the second double victory in two days. However, yesterday winner took a one-hour punishment.
"Despite the fact that we are very early in the race, because we are still on the third day, it's great to be in leadership and have won my second special in the Sertões. Today’s special was hard, fast, but very enjoyable because it was gravel, and sections of trial. We have to take a day at a time, and there’s more tomorrow," he said.
André Azevedo won among heavy trucks, with Guido Salvini right behind him, and they hold second and third places in the overall results. Next Saturday, 14th, the competitors say goodbye to the state of Goiás, and face a 240-km special between Alto Paraíso (GO) and Dianópolis (TO).
Unofficial results of the Category Cars SS03
01) Jean Azevedo/Emerson Cavassin I Mitsubishi I 02:35:49
02) Guilherme Spinelli/Youssef Haddad I Mitsubishi I 02:37:49
03) Marlon Koerich/Deco Muniz I Sherpa I 02:39:39
04) Klever Kolber/Flavio França I Proton T1 I 02:39:24
06) Riamburgo Ximenes/Stanger Eler I Mitsubishi I 02:39:33
07) Cristian Baumgart/Beco Andreotti I Mitsubishi I 02:40:19
08) Paulo Nobre (Palmeirinha)/Luiz Palu I BMW I 02:42:02
09) Marcos Baumgart/Kleber Cincea I Mitsubishi I 02:42:12
10) Maurício Bortolanza/ Gustavo Bortolanza I Mitsubishi I 02:42:38
Unofficial overall results of the Category Cars after SS03
01) Marlon Koerich/Deco Muniz I 06:54:23
02) Guilherme Spinelli /Youssef Haddad I 06:58:46
03) Klever Kolberg/Flavio Marinho de França I 07:00:09
04) Roberto Guilherme Reijers/Marcos Rogério Almeida I 07:08:25
05) Marcos Baumgart/Kleber Cincea I 07:09:43
Unofficial results of the Category Trucks SS03
01) Marcos Cassol/Rodrigo Mello/Davi Fonseca I Ford I 02:53:04
02) André Azevedo/Maykel Justo/Ronaldo Pinto I Mercedes I 03:02:49
03) Guido Salvini/Weidner Moreira/Fernando Chwaigert I Mercedes I 03:18:15
04) Kenner Santos Garcia/Ronie Von Silva I Ford I 03:18:32
05) Ulysses Marinzeck/Cesar Botas/Adriano Silva I Ford I 03:23:37
06) Felicio Bragante/Ricardo Costa/Nelson Corder I Ford I 03:29:51
07) Amable Barrasa/Marcos Macedo/Raphael Bettoni I Ford I 03:46:08
08) Vanderlei Cassol/Lelio Carneiro/Henrique Oliveira I Ford I 03:56:01
09) Luciana Bragante/Roberlena Moraes/Carla Martin I Ford I 03:57:41
10) Edu Piano/Solon Mendes/Marcos Alves I Ford I 03:57:47
Unofficial overall results of the Category Trucks after SS03
01) Marcos Cassol/Rodrigo Mello/ Davi Fonseca I 07:39:34
02) Guido Salvini /Weidner Moreira/ Fernando Chwaigert I 08:13:11
03) Amable Barrasa /Marcos Macedo/ Raphael Bettoni I 08:42:38
04) Andre Azevedo/Maykel Justo/ Ronaldo Pinto I 08:59:33
05) Kenner Santos Garcia/Ronie Von Silva I 09:14:17
2010/08/14 | 21:19 CET | Editor: MR/HS/SERTOES