|Sertoes 2010: Kolberg leader in cars and Vanderlei Cassol wins in trucks.|
After four days racing, the 18th edition of the Sertões International Rally gets to the state of Tocantins and gets increasingly difficult for competitors on bikes, quads, cars and trucks. In cars, this Saturday (14/08) was another day for a leadership change in the overall results. Paulo Nobre (Palmeirinha) won the 240 km Special from Alto Paraíso (GO) and Dianópolis (TO), followed by Cristian Baumgart / Beco Andreotti and Riamburgo Ximenes / Stanger Eler.
The result lets Klever Kolberg and Flavio França leading the competition, followed by Guilherme Spinelli / Youssef Haddad and Riamburgo / Eler. "We had a hard day, we risked more. After the penalties, we are being more careful. If we do not, we're unable to reach the top finishers overall," said the winner of today's special, who also praised his navigator." Palu is to be congratulated, because the special today had very difficult navigation. He was very good. We have not yet passed by Jalapão, where much will be defined in Sertões. We are in the fray," added Palmeirinha.
Cristian Baumgart commented on the difficulty level of the special today. "The special was very winding, with very fine powder, high speed corners, the car was sideways all the time. This was the first day of Sertões indeed. We made almost no mistakes in this stage. Now it's getting fun," he said.
The leader Klever Kolberg stressed out the importance of navigation. "Since the beginning of the special we faced many high speed sections. The stage also required a lot of navigation. It was a very nice stage and we know that the Sertões is a long race that demands much from equipment and competitors. So we have to take one step at a time and therefore it is important to stay among the first," he said.
The hegemony of the Cassol clan remained in fourth stage. This time it was Vanderlei leading and won the dispute. "Today we had lots of hills very slippery, and with fine gravel. We had a problem with the front shock absorber, but thankfully managed to win the special. I can say that the crash began in Sertões Rally, and is in Tocantins that competition begins to set. Now we have to run to try to catch up with the lost time, due to the radar penalties, and finish among the top three, or first runner-up behind my brother," said the winner.
Guido Salvini was second overall and won among the heavy trucks. The driver regrets an electrical problem in the final kilometers, which kept him out of the fight for victory in the stage. "It was a very fast and fun special. We had an electrical problem in the final 20 km of the special, which harmed us a lot and took the victory today in the truck as we were leading when it happened. We're going to investigate the source of defect. We know it's electric, because it made the engine go into the security mode, limiting the speed to 80 km/h in places we could reach 140, 150 km/h, this was a huge loss," he said.
In the overall results of the four stages, Marcos Cassol leads, followed by Guido Salvini and Amable Barrasa.
Medical tent: On Saturday (14), three injured riders abandoned the 18th Sertões International Rally. Successfully rescued, they were all bike contestants: Frenchman Ludovic Boinnard, with the right collarbone fractured and dorsal contusion; Chilean Daniel Gouet, who tore a ligament in his right ankle, and Brazilian Fabio Vinicius Morés with a dislocated left shoulder.
On Sunday, after arriving in Palms contestants will race another Super Prime. The time obtained in a closed circuit race will be added to the special total. The race takes place from 2 p.m. at Praia do Prata.
Watch the unofficial results of the Category Cars on this stage
1) Paulo Nobre (Palmeirinha)/Luiz Carlos Palu (BMW)- 02h47min46
2) Cristian Baumgart/Beco Andreotti (Mitsubishi) - 02h51min18
3) Riamburgo Ximenes /Stanger Welerson Eler (Mitsubishi) - 02h54min11
4) Klever Kolberg/Flavio Marinho de França (Mistubishi)- 02h54min54
5) Jean Azevedo/Emerson Cavassin (Mitsubishi) - 02h55min15
6) Guilherme Spinelli /Youssef Haddad (Mitsubishi) - 02h56min43
7) Reinaldo Varela/Eduardo Bampi (Mitsubishi) - 02h57min04
8) Luiz Facco/Silvio Deusdara (Mitsubishi) - 02h59min33
9) Luis Eduardo Stedile/Armando Luiz Miranda (Mitsubishi) - 02h59min52
10)Marcos Baumgart/Kleber Cincea (Mitsubishi) - 03h02min33
Watch the unofficial overall results of the Category Cars
1) Klever Kolberg/Flavio Marinho de França (Mitsubishi) - 09h55min03
2) Guilherme Spinelli /Youssef Haddad (Mitsubishi) - 09h55min29
3) Riamburgo Ximenes /Stanger Welerson Eler (Mitsubishi) - 10h08min51
4)Marcos Baumgart/Kleber Cincea (Mitsubishi) - 10h12min16
5) Luiz Facco/Silvio Deusdara (Mitsubishi) - 10h12min25
6) Reinaldo Varela/Eduardo Bampi (Mitsubishi) - 10h56min28
7) Sven Fischer/ João Luiz Stal (Mitsubishi)- 10h37min20
8) Cristian Baumgart/Beco Andreotti (Mitsubishi) - 10h38min28
9) Paulo Nobre (Palmeirinha)/Luiz Carlos Palu (BMW) - 10h40min24
10) Mauricio Bortolanza/ Gustavo Bortolanza (Mitsubishi) - 10h47min25
Watch the unofficial results of the Category Trucks on this stage
1) Vanderlei Cassol/Lelio Vieira Carneiro Junior (Ford) 02h22min49
2) Guido Salvini Netto/Weidner Moreira (Mercedes) - 02h25min15
3) Marcos Antonio Cassol/Rodrigo Mello (Ford) - 02h27min21
4) Felicio Tadeu Bragante/Ricardo de Paula Costa (Ford) - 02h28min24
5) Amable Barrasa /Marcos Macedo (Ford) - 02h28min25
6) Eduardo Domingues (Edu Piano)/Solon Mendes da Fonseca Junior (Ford) - 02h30min51
7) Kenner Santos Garcia/Ronie Von Silva (Ford) - 02h42min13
8) Andre Azevedo/Maykel Vilarta Neder Justo (Mercedes) - 02h45min02
9 )Ulysses Marinzeck/Cesar Loureiro Botas (Ford) - 02h49min31
10) Luciana Bragante/Roberlena Moraes - 03h59min32
Watch the unofficial overall results of the Category Trucks
1) Marcos Antonio Cassol/Rodrigo Mello (Ford) - 10h06min56
2) Guido Salvini Netto/Weidner Moreira (Mercedes) - 10h58min26
3) Amable Barrasa /Marcos Macedo (Ford) - 11h11min03
4) Andre Azevedo/Maykel Vilarta Neder Justo (Mercedes) - 11h44min36
5) Kenner Santos Garcia/Ronie Von Silva (Ford) - 11h56min31
6) Vanderlei Cassol/Lelio Vieira Carneiro Junior (Ford) - 12h11min27
7) Ulysses Marinzeck/Cesar Loureiro Botas (Ford) - 12h13min09
8) Felicio Tadeu Bragante/Ricardo de Paula Costa (Ford) - 12h28min42
9) Luciana Bragante/Roberlena Moraes (Ford) - 14h29min02
10) Eduardo Domingues (Edu Piano)/Solon Mendes da Fonseca Junior (Ford)- 15h03min40
2010/08/10 | 15:45 CET | Editor: MR/HS/FORTUNE