|Sertoes 2010: Truck driver Vanderlei Cassol overcomes his brother.|
After a third place in the first stage of the Sertões International Rally, Vanderlei Cassol / Lelio Carneiro / Henrique Oliveira managed to recover and win the special this Thursday (12), which happened between Caldas Novas (GO) and Unaí (MG). This was the first victory of the trio in a competition in the truck category.
With 2h42min14s50, Vanderlei surpassed by nearly three minutes his brother Marcos Cassol, winner of the special yesterday and today remained in second place overall (2h45min31). The biggest surprise among the top three was Andre Azevedo / Maykel Justo / Ronaldo Pinto. Even with a Heavy truck, the trio finished in third place (2h47min52s50).
Despite today's result, Vanderlei still ranks fourth on accumulated times between trucks, with a time of 5h13min14s10. This is because the driver had a penalty of 26 minutes during last Wednesday special, which left him far from his brother and from the first driver Marcos Cassol (4h47min04s90).
Results Trucks Second Stage
01) Vanderlei Cassol/ Lelio Carneiro/ Henrique Oliveira I 02:42:14
02) Marcos Cassol/ Rodrigo Mello/ Davi Fonseca I 02:45:31
03) Andre Azevedo/ Maykel Justo/ Ronaldo Pinto I 02:47:52
04) Felicio Bragante/ Ricardo Costa/ Nelson Corder I 02:53:30
05) Amable Barrasa/ Marcos Macedo/ Raphael Bettoni I 02:54:50
Results Trucks Overall
01) Marcos Cassol/ Rodrigo Mello/ Davi Fonseca I 04:47:04
02) Amable Barrasa/ Marcos Macedo/ Raphael Bettoni I 04:57:06
03) Andre Azevedo/ Maykel Justo/ Ronaldo Pinto I 04:57:24
04) Vanderlei Cassol/ Lelio Carneiro/ Henrique Oliveira I 05:13:14
05) Guido Salvini/ Weidner Moreira/ Fernando Chwaigert I 05:15:48
2010/08/12 | 23:32 CET | Editor: MR/HS/SERTOES/WEBVENTURE