|Silk Way Rally: Schlesser - "The fight with Vasilyev was quite though".|
Jean Louis Schlesser, as usual built this victory throughout the 3000 km of a very difficult and hot race (40° to 45° inside the cockpit) from Volgograd to Astrakan. Another valuable proof that the "Sonangol Team Schlesser" is still one of the best and trustworthy cross country rally team nowadays.
"I used the same recipe as usual to secure my victory on the Silkway Rally, taking the stages one by one and calmly staying in contact with my opponents," reported Schlesser. "I won the second stage, after that we were very careful and I prevented any driving errors. The fight with Vasilyev in his G-Force Proto was quite though but very interesting. In the end we won, due to our experience of course."
"Concerning my Buggy, I didn’t have any problems at all during the whole rally, we even managed to test some new components! I have to say that I’m very proud of both, my racecar and my team of mechanics," he added.
"In my opinion, some of the stages were too long due mostly to the heat inside the cockpits. Staying concentrated during 500km with a temperature of 50°C in the car was not easy."
"Landscape was magnificent and made me think of southern morocco and also Mauritania. Congratulations to the organizers of this event, everything was just perfectly planned and we always ate the appropriately in order to provide the right effort for each stage of the race."
Déjà vu: Both, car and truck winners on the Silkway Rally are the exact same as on the 2013 edition of the Africa Eco Race. "One of the keys to success on this rally was definitely navigation and the crew managed all difficulties including the problems faced with parallel tracks but also the impressive amount of dust in those huge steppes due to wind sweeping," said Schlesser.
"Concerning our racecar, reliability was as always not a problem and the team was very happy with our BF Goodrich tires, which managed to last 3 complete stages at one point and no punctures at all during the race," he added.
Silk Way Rally STAGE Cars - SS06 Saturday Top 10
01) Vasilyev/Yevtekhov (RUS/RUS) I G-Force Proto I 01:17:18
02) Schlesser/Zhiltov (F/RUS) I Schlesser Buggy I +00:36
03) Dmitriev/Demianenko (RUS/RUS) I BMW X6 Proto I +03:05
04) Pelichet/Decré (F/F) I Toyota Overdrive I +06:50
05) Issabayev/Podolyanyuk (RUS/RUS) I Toyota Overdrive I +07:00
06) Rakhimbayev/Ashimov (RUS/RUS) I Toyota Overdrive I +07:29
07) Lavieille/Polato (F/F) I Juke Dessoude I +07:57
08) Szalay/Bunkoczi (HU/HU) I Opel Mokka RR I +08:26
09) Firsov/Filatov (RUS/RUS) I BMW X6 Proto I +10:59
10) Savenko/Maltsev (RUS/RUS) I Nissan Navara I +11:54
Silk Way Rally OVERALL Cars - SS06 Saturday Top 10
01) Schlesser/Zhiltov (F/RUS) I Schlesser Buggy I 32:55:35
02) Vasilyev/Yevtekhov (RUS/RUS) I G-Force Proto I +16:33
03) Firsov/Filatov (RUS/RUS) I BMW X6 Proto I +01:47:33
04) Dabrowski/Czachor (PL/PL) I Toyota Overdrive I +04:06:01
05) Lavieille/Polato (F/F) I Juke Dessoude I +04:16:58
06) Issabayev/Poldol. (RUS/RUS) I Overdrive I +05:18:36
07) Savenko/Maltsev (RUS/RUS) I Nissan Navara I +05:33:24
08) Pelichet/Decré (F/F) I Toyota Overdrive I +07:45:14
09) Rakhimbayev/Ashimov (RUS/RUS) I Toyota Overdrive I +08:51:38
10) Cenkov/Marinov (RUS/RUS) I Opel Mokka RR I +08:57:15
2013/07/16 | 20:21 CET | ARTICLE: MR/HS/SCHLESSER